Saturday, February 23, 2019

Personal Evangelism

Assignment:

In your opinion and based on your reading and study, what are some of the key do's and do-not's of working with children?

My Work:

Resources for Children

The Start of My Understanding of Life
When I was about 3, I remember being in a religious or educational office and seeing a model of a baby in a womb, and I knew it was a fresh generation of kids who were cuter and fresher than mine.  It seemed like my life went down the drain.  Later on, I remember [omitted] flirting with [omitted] but with me being more impersonal, but I took it personally though do not believe it was anything to do with a difference of race than flat out prejudice, "out with the old and in with the new."  I think this was a beautiful experience and way of learning about life.  I would teach my children about sex in a good way since it's not the 1980s.

My First Religious Experience
My first memory of religion that made a lasting impression was the preschool teachers somehow acting like I would do what Jesus did someday, dying on a cross, if I was worth anything, like we all do it.  I was 3.  I told my family, and the preschool teacher acted all stuck up like she said she "hears through walls" and I juggled that thought.  No one cared I was scared and on the inside was feeling bad.  I guess I had to "put up with it," in addition to "solving my own problems."  I've told people to impress them but did not get much of a response, like they were unimpressed.  I saw on TV this year that in the old days Central Florida crucified a bunch of African Americans.  I would not recommend repeating this wayward experience.

School and Music
One of the biggest things in humanity is the creation of maybe more advanced school and music for the purpose of Christianity.  It still fascinates me.  A lot of art for people is religious, too.  I recommend this miracle.  I wanted to be a singer when I was 7, and my aunt gave me some Wee Sing books and tapes.  My mom always played them in the car, including when we went to pick up my dad from work.  I knew them all well.  One was religious.  A lot of people my age go all ditzy when they think of songs like, "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the Lord, red and yellow, black and white..."  The Protestant church seems to have the best overall quality of literature, like those things we read in high school.  I liked the picture books and special Bibles for children.  The art was good, and I wanted to see which one I wanted to be.  I recommend doing things like this growing up.

Purity
Children have been acclaimed for their pure love, at least for Caucasians or Aryans etc.  It's like they're little angels, sweet and innocent, and people wonder about what could go wrong.  The text says we deserve death if we are not seen as 100% perfect, like if we accidentally do something.  Children need to know about how people discriminate this way.  Though the text says we die for sin, we are saved by Jesus.  Children like to talk a lot.  Sometimes, that's considered bad, and sometimes it's considered attractive! the same thing can be considered a life sin for some children and something that attracts people for other children.  I recommend that we remember about children in our lives, that children are special and we want everything to go a certain way.  Protestants sound good with religion.  My mom got down and did religion with me at home, too.

"Do's and Don't's"

Public Schools
We should not put children in religious schools necessarily because public schools are more like the real world and are more comfortable.  Though, traditionally, they looked down on you in Bible school for knowing you went to a public school, even if it was for money reasons.  Most Catholic schools are a waste in that they let the kids talk out of turn and don't teach well...

Traditions
- We should maybe try some of the rosary rather than doing it all in one sitting.  I did that at my church, and they seemed prejudiced and racist, a few years ago.
- Sure, we remember Jesus in the winter for Christmas and into the New Year.  Advent is a good opportunity to be religious, singing Christmas songs that include religious ones.  I recommend some children's religious songs, too.  I didn't get to perform it much on stage, but it's fun for the normal kids.
- We could discuss our favorite saints or verses in the Bible, but kids usually get interested in that themselves.

Remember the Easter Bunny!

🐇